Monday, March 15, 2010

Celebrating Life

This past weekend turned out to be a weekend to celebrate life, both young and old.  Our beloved neighbor Pete, went to meet his heavenly father last week.  Pete was 82 years old and such a wonderful person.  The boys adored Pete and he adored them.  He did not get to spend too much time with Bella because he went to live in a nursing home in November, but he was always so happy to see her. 

Here is a picture of the kids with Pete this past Halloween ...



I also went to my sister in law's baby shower this weekend.  Bella will not be the only little girl in the family for too much longer.  Jessie is due to have a girl in June! 

We then celebrated our niece, Addyson's, 1st Birthday.  She was so much fun to watch eat her birthday cake.  Such a precious little gift from God!

Addyson loving her cake!

Look at that precious face!

We ended our celebration weekend by having a surprise 50th birthday party for my stepdad, Tom.  We had the party at a Mexican restaurant and I think he was genuinely surprised.  Here are some pics from the day ...

Happy Birthday Tom!

Papaw and Bella

Keenan enjoying some tunes while at the party

Mr Blue Eyes Aidan, also having some fun.

Bella and me ... enjoying the party!

3 comments:

  1. Life is good..and beautiful no matter at what age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. Brought me to tears and I didn't even know him. Love the pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture of you and Miss Bells!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete