Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Good Week

It is amazing how short my memory is ... good thing I take pictures to help remind me what we have done! Isabella had her echocardiogram on Friday. They had to sedate her and when she came to, she was NOT happy! Michael got to spend some quality one on one time with her (haha). We think everything went fine and Michael said he could see where they had put sutures in her heart. We will talk to the cardiologist about the results sometime this week. The funniest thing about the experience for us is that the entire day she was like a drunk monkey. She would try to stand up, only to wobble around and fall. She thought it was funny too ... and it was!
I went with Keenan's preschool class on Wednesday to the zoo. He has needed some much one on one time with mommy and I have needed the same with him. Bella went and spent the day with Mamaw and had a great time. Keenan and I had a great time also and he thought it was so much fun that I got to sit with him on the bus. The Cincinnati Zoo is really beautiful and it was a chilly fall day, which meant the animals were more active.


One of Bella's favorite things to do is to take her clothes off. She loves to be nude. She squeals with delight. So as the weather gets cooler, it should be interesting to try to keep her clothes on. Here is a picture of my ninjas ... all three of them. Bella just loves doing whatever her brothers are doing and as you can see, she is wearing as little as possible.

I am having trouble finding pants that fit her. If they fit her waist, then they are too short. If they are the right length, then they fall down around her ankles. So we are trying everything from pinning the waistband to doubling the waistband over. Here is a picture of her in the only pair of jeans that sort of fit her and her new girly pink boots.


We had a church picnic on Sunday. It was fun and the kids had a ball. We went on a hayride and the kids played in a big jump house. Bella passed out as soon as she was in her carseat. The boys never did fall asleep and I am not sure how they didn't. I get tired just watching them play.

As I re-read this post, I see that I really don't have any updates about Aidan. So here it goes ... If you don't know, Aidan is very sensitive and does not like to get in trouble (except he doesn't even seem to notice when I am getting after him - selective hearing I guess). Well, as I met the bus on Friday, I could tell something was wrong immediately. You see, Aidan got off the bus looking as if he just lost his best friend ... head down, shoulders slumped, only looked up at me when he needed to with huge sad eyes. I asked him what was wrong. He told me his folder had got written in because he was playing with a toy during class when he wasn't supposed to. I didn't get upset, I didn't even raise my voice. I just told him that if it happens again, that he would not be allowed to take toys to school anymore to play with at recess. I thought that was it, no big deal. Well, as soon as he came in the house and saw Michael, he just burst into tears. Such a sweet little guy who is growing up so fast right before my eyes. Can't believe he only weighed 4 lbs 10 ounces when he was born and now is in 1st grade.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Isabella with the boys! That is priceless. Tyson loves to run around in his diaper after baths. I don't think they got that freedom in China! Great update on all the kids. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete